Design set up to include second syringe pump for gluteraldehyde.
- Try to use syringe to join PEEK tubing instead of cutting hole and gluing.
- Determine rate at which gluteraldehyde needs to come out of syringe so that it mixes with PVA in 2:1 ratio.
- Determine length of tygon tubing so that PVA and gluteraldehyde mix for five minutes before exiting tube.
- Calculations for length of tygon tubing and rate for second syringe pump in picture below.
- Rate of red syringe pump: 0.05 mL/min
- Rate of grey syringe pump: 0.1 mL/min
- Length of tygon tubing after PEEKing tubing has joined: 50.5 cm
- Diameter of tygon tubing: 1/32" --> 0.0794 cm, thus radius: 0.0397 cm
V = pi*r^2*l
(0.05 mL/min*5 min) = 3.14 * 0.00158 cm^2 * l
0.25 mL / (3.14 * 0.00158 cm^2) = l
l = 50.5 cm
- Syringe tip in tygon tubing. While insertion is made easier the syringe creates too much pressure and causes leaking.
- Do not tighten blank joint on PEEK tubing too tight, will cause it to crack.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.