- Prepare new set of HAuCl4/BSA solutions exactly as the last set, to be analyzed via UV/Vis
- Via UV/Vis, determine optimal concentration of Tris at pH of 8 for resuspension of Au/BSA fibers
Resuspension of Au/BSA Fibers with Tris buffer
- UV/Vis was run twice on the samples prepared yesterday via serial dilution. Each spectra was obtained an hour apart.
- Solutions were made with the mole ratios of (HAuCl4/BSA) 120, 128, 130, 132, 133 and 134 using BSA and HAuCl4 stock solutions made last week. From the stock, solutions of the same volume were made at the same mole ratios as before, so the procedure was exactly the same.
- The tubes were wrapped in tin foil and heated at 80°C for 4 hours.
- The fact that no change is seen at 528nm relative to background as mole ratios change, this indicates that Tris does not resuspend the fibers at pH 10 and the concentrations tested.