- Plants with large roots were placed into a 25% solution of red and purple citrate gold nanoparticle solution
- UV-Vis was taken of the solution after 2 hours
- Lysozyme Gold Nanoparticles were placed in an oven for synthesis
Lysozyme Protein Gold Nanoparticles
100mL stock solution was made using the following steps:
- 7.72mg of lysozyme was added to 25mL of water in a volumetric flask. The solution was then transferred to a 250mL beaker.
- 0.84mL of 1% by weight HAuCl4 stock solution was added (made on 01/27/2016)
- 74.16mL of water was added, bringing the final solution volume up to 100mL.
The solution was then covered with foil and placed in the oven for 4 hours at 80 degrees celsius.
We accidentally made fibers... not nanoparticles. But we saved the fibers to instead incorporate into a film for future experiments.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.[[Category:Miscellaneous]