- set up diffusion with PVA film
- One group will use a PVA film
- The other group will use a PVA/clay film
- Set the film between the two chambers
- Add liquid to each chamber
- One chamber gets water
- The other chamber gets 20ppm Malachite green
- Withdraw 200uL from each chamber at the 5 minute mark and place in their own eppy tube
- NOTE: I want the groups to coordinate so that their 5 minutes don't overlap with one another.
- NOTE: You'll want to use a small volume cuvette
- NOTE: You'll also want a 0minute measurement for each.
- NOTE: You'll likely have to dilute the sample from your chamber with the 20ppm. So, when you return the sample, only return the non-diluted sample.
- Measure the UV-Vis spectrum for both samples. Return each to the chamber it originally came from
- Take measurements at the following times
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- right before you leave lab
- It would be great if someone could stop by on Thursday to take a measurement then.
- You'll be taking measurements on Friday too.
- During each of this, it would be best to start working up the data right away.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.