Testing the Kinetics of Zeolite
- The same procedure from last Friday on testing activated carbon was applied to the testing of zeolite.
- 10mg Zeolite samples were set up by Dr. Hartings
- each vial will receive 10mL of 20ppm Malachite Green solution (solution prepared by James and Madeleine last week)
- UV-VIS Measurements will be taken at intervals of 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 minutes and two left for Dr. Hartings to take at the end of the day and tomorrow.
- Filtration procedure will be followed from the Activated Carbon last week.
Making Beads using Bead Protocol III
- Melvin, Michael, and I were able to synthesize 8 batches of beads using the bead protocol of 9/15/2014.
- On our 9th batch, the bead stopped forming.