Synthesized PVA-Clay Beads
- Using protocol from last Friday, batches of PVA-Clay beads were made.
- I am still unsatisfied with the synthesized beads. The amount of beads trapped in the organic phase is larger compared to the dense beads formed.
Activated Carbon Tests
- Preparation of Malachite Green solution
- .0996 g of MG in 500 mL of water
- UV-Vis calculated concentration: 146 ppm
- 136.75 mL of 146 ppm in 1000 mL
- UV-Vis calculated concentration: 23.3 ppm
- Activated Carbon vs. 10mL 23.3 ppm Malachite Green
- 10 mL of 23.3 ppm MG are added to .01 g of activated carbon for a period of time
- after the period of time has passed, the solution is filtered from the activated carbon
- UV-Vis spectra are recorded to calculate the amount of MG absorbed in the given amount of time
- Time intervals: every 15s for the first two minutes, followed by every 30 seconds for the next two minutes, followed by every minute for up to 10 minutes