Completion of Malachite Green Diffusion through PVA-clay film
- At 2294 minutes, the absorbance for the last measurement was taken.
- Data analysis was initiated to find the diffusion coefficient for the malachite green.
- The following weights of the materials were used for the syntheses of films; protocol may be viewed here.
- 0.11151g clay + 1.00047g PVA
- 0.11463g clay + 1.00168g PVA
- 1.00733g PVA
Ion Exchanged Clay
- Films cast on lab period 9/26/2014 were observed to be foamy. In addition, granules of the exchanged clay compounds were observed. The film is not homogenized and clay was not thoroughly dispersed.
- Second trial in exchanging the ions in the clay made use of choline chloride and tributylhexadecylphosphonium bromide.
- The weights of each compound were written on the vial as depicted below the attached picture.
- The exchanged clay were prepared using Dr. Hartings' procedure.