- Run UV-vis for 18 samples with lysozyme as the protein. Full concentration details can be found below under Data.
- Test solutions made according to below concentrations under Data.
- On 10/04, solutions were placed into the oven at 80°C for 4 hours.
- UV-vis data was run on each of the 18 samples of different pHs and fructose concentrations.
- After each individual sample was run, the sample was saved and the cuvette cleaned out twice with soap, twice with H2O, twice with HCl, and twice more with H2O. The cuvette was then dried thoroughly.
Table 1 UV-vis solutions made for [Fructose]=0 mM
Table 2 UV-vis solutions made for [Fructose]=.0625 mM
Figure 1 Absorbance v wavelength of lysozyme in 0 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 2 Absorbance at 281 nm at various pH's in 0 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 3 Absorbance v wavelength of lysozyme in 0.0625 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 4 Absorbance at 281 nm at various pH's in .0625 mM concentration of fructose
All Figures in the above data are baseline and water corrected.
After taking the UV-vis samples out of the 80°C oven, pH 11 for both Fructose concentrations showed a precipitate form. pH 12 did not show this precipitate. The pictures of each precipitate are shown below:
Figure 5 Solid formed in [Fructose]=0 mM
Figure 6 Solid formed in [Fructose]=.0625 mM