- Elisabetta Lambertini
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- UC Davis
- EU3, 1 Shields Av.
- 95616 Davis, CA, USA
- My CV
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- PhD, University of California, Davis. Civil and Environmental Engineering, water and health, 2010.
- BS and MS, Environmental Engineering, Universita` degli Studi di Bologna, Italy, 2003.
My research interests are in the area of water and health. I work at the intersection of environmental engineering, public health, ecology and sustainable development to help solve water-related human and ecosystem health problems through an "ecohealth" approach. My current areas of activity include:
- Waterborne disease epidemiology: occurrence and health effects of viruses in drinking water
- Risk modeling
- Analytical methods for molecular epidemiology and the study of microbial communities in environmental matrices
- Human and zoonotic pathogens in agricultural systems
- Appropriate drinking water and sanitation technologies for low-tech contexts
- Dissemination of technological innovations
- Lambertini E., Spencer S.K., Bertz P.D., Loge F.J., Borchardt M.A. (2010). New Mathematical Approaches to Quantify Human Infectious Viruses from Environmental Media Using Integrated Cell Culture-PCR. Journal of Virological Methods 163: 244-252.
- Massoudieh A., Crain C., Lambertini E., Nelson K.E., Barkouki T., L’Amoreaux P., Loge F.J., Ginn T.R. (2010). Kinetics of conjugative gene transfer on surfaces in granular porous media. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 112: 91-102. PMID=19969386
- Loge F.J., Lambertini E., Borchardt M.A., Basagaoglu H., Ginn T.R. (2009). Etiological Agent and Pathogen Shedding Affect Epidemiological Data Used to Establish Recreational Water Quality Standards. Risk Analysis 29(2): 257-266.
- Lambertini E., Spencer S.K., Bertz P.D., Loge F.J., Kieke B., Borchardt M.A. (2008). Concentration and Recovery of Enteroviruses, Adenoviruses, and Noroviruses from Drinking Water with Glass Wool Filters. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 74(10): 2990-6.
- Massoudieh A., Mathew A., Lambertini E., Nelson K.E., Ginn T.R. (2007). Horizontal gene transfer on surfaces in natural porous media: conjugation and kinetics. Vadose Zone Journal 6: 306-315.
- Profile at UC Davis Center for Entrepreneurship: http://entrepreneurship.ucdavis.edu/person.php?people_id=33
- My LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/elisabetta-lambertini/8/b15/b0
- UC Davis Global Health
- UC Davis Program for International Energy Technologies:
- Open Science group at UC Davis
- Exposure-response discussion
- Water and Health Resources
- Natural Resources and Development
- IWA WaterWiki
- Library and reference organization with Mendeley
- Visual brainmapping and presentations with VUE