- Vacuum Filtrate 25% Beads
- Re-swell dried 10% Beads
- Put dried yellow beads in 0.1 M HCl
- 0.858 mL concentrated HCl for 100 mL
- Place dried beads in 10mL of 0.1M HCl
- Measure pH
- Will let them sit until wednesday and allow them to reach equilibrium. Then we'll put them in water and measure how the pH changes.
- Re-swell dried 10% beads. Placed in water. (Dry sieving didn't work due to static electricity and beads clumping together. Will try wet sieving instead)
- Took the mass of dried beads to calculate swelling.
- Placed 25% Beads in acetone to attempt to dry beads enough so that they separate enough to wet sieve.
- 10% Beads initial pH: 0.933
- 25% Beads intitial pH: 0.904
- 40% Beads initial pH: 1.040