- Make 3% bentonite solution
- Make 100mL 3% bentonite solution.
- 97mL of water w/ 3g bentonite.
- Create a solution of PVOH, bentonite solution, water, and HCl.
- 1.25g PVOH, 5 mL bentonite solution, 15mL HCl, 35mL water
- Place this solution on a hot plate and heat at 70 degrees and stir at 240 until everything has dissolved (for 30 mins).
- Add 30 mL of this solution to a 100 mL solution of ethyl acetate in a dropwise manner stirring at 380 rpm.
- Add 1.5 mL of glutaraldehyde and stir at 260 rpm for 3 minutes.
- Add 1.5 mL of glutaraldehyde and stir at 260 rpm for 7 minutes.
- Same procedure as above with these amounts:
- 1.25g PVOH, 13 mL bentonite solution, 15mL HCl, 27mL water
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.