Make 40% clay beads
Start gather adsorption data for malachite green in Activated Carbon column and 10% clay beads column.
1.25g PVA/6*4 = 0.833333g
0.833333g Bentonite * 97ml solution/3g bentonite = 27 mL bentonite solution
55mL solution - 27 mL bentonite solution - 15mL HCL: 13 mL H2O
- Create a solution of PVA, bentonite solution, and water.
- Place this solution on a hot plate and heat/stir until everything has dissolved.
- Add 5 mL of this solution to a 30 mL solution of ethyl acetate dropwise stirring at 380 rpm
- Wait 3 mins and add 0.5 mL of glutaraldehyde and stir at 400 rpm.
- After 7 minutes, add 7 mL of sodium bicarbonate and stir for 30 seconds.
- Find Adsorption Data for MG in Activated Carbon and 10% beads
- Add 50ppm into columns 5mL of a time.
- Collect effluent into vials.
- Continue adding MG until the effluent has about the same concentration as the MG run through the column
- Once effluent appears the same color going in a coming out, start adding water 5mL at a time and collect effluent.
- Finish effluent collection when water runs clear again
Drop Rate Activated Carbon: 12 drops/min
Drop Rate 10% Carbon: 20 drops/min