30% clay beads prepared
- activated Carbon
- Data for the columns prepared for MG adsorption next time. Columns were filled approximately halfway with beads.
1.25g PVA/7 * 3 = 0.0.5357g
0.5357g Bentonite * 97ml solution/3g bentonite = 17 mL bentonite solution
55mL solution - 10 mL bentonite solution - 15mL HCL: 23 mL H2O
- Create a solution of with PVA, bentonite solution and water
- Place this solution on a hot plate and heat/stir until everything has dissolved.
- Add 5 mL of this solution to a 50 mL solution of ethyl acetate dropwise stirring at 380 rpm.
- Add 0.5 mL of glutaraldehyde and stir at 400 rpm.
- After 7 minutes, add 7 mL of sodium bicarbonate and stir for 30 seconds.
Column Volumes (g)
|Empty Dry with Clamp
|Beads in Column with Clamp
|Column with Beads
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.