Biomineralization of gold nanoparticles while keeping the solution at 80°C the entire time. Repeat yesterday's procedure, but use distilled water instead of buffer.
- Mix 8mL distilled water, 1mL 15.4μM BSA, and 580μL of 4.3mM Chloroauric acid.
- Take 1mL of this solution and transfer it to a quartz cuvette, and place the cuvette in the Shimadzu UV-2550 spectrophotometer at 70°C.
- Take a spectrum from 200nm-800nm of this every half hour for 3.5 hours.
- Put the rest of the solution in the oven set to 80°C for about 3.5 hours.
- The Absorbance against wavelength taken of the solution at several times:
- Zoomed in on wavelength 550 nm:
- Graph of Absorbance against time at 550nm:
No cell growth was observed on the plates prepared 9/27/11.
- The final concentration of BSA is 1.61μM.
- The final concentration of Chloroauric acid is 0.26mM.
- Calculation: (.58mL/9.58mL)*4.3mM
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.