User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2010/01/21/Jasper PCR Try 1

From OpenWetWare
< User:Anthony Salvagno‎ | Notebook‎ | Research‎ | 2010‎ | 01‎ | 21
Jump to: navigation, search
After looking at a page Koch suggested I will amend my PCR Settings. Here is my information:

PCR Reaction

{{#widget:Google Spreadsheet |key=tGRaW0r6I2AsrMauRcQvz6Q |width=500 |height=300 }} I changed my annealing time to 30 sec and my extension time to 30 seconds. It seems this is a reasonable time. I found a journal that had an article directly related to this PCR but I didn't have access. Anyways I will try this process and if it fails, it fails. Otherwise let's hope for the best.

BTW, I am going to film me doing this and then put it on youtube for Fang to watch and learn. That will come probably tomorrow. When I will have time to edit it and stuff.

Note: I had to execute tube 1. I accidentally added both forward primers to it and since this would ruin the reaction, I had to eliminate it. So tube 2 contains the Cy3 primers and tubes 3 and 4 contain Cy5.

Gel Analysis

Hopefully I can get to this today. If so I will post here.

As it turns out, I will not get to the gel today. I will do this next time.