User:Alexander S Mikheyev
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2009, PhD, University of Texas
- 2002, MS, Florida State University
- 2000, BA, Cornell University
- genome evolution
- invasive species
- Mikheyev AS, Vo T, and Mueller UG. Phylogeography of post-Pleistocene population expansion in a fungus-gardening ant and its microbial mutualists. Mol Ecol. 2008 Oct;17(20):4480-8. DOI:10.1111/j.1365-294X.2008.03940.x |
- Martins J Jr, Solomon SE, Mikheyev AS, Mueller UG, Ortiz A, and Bacci M Jr. Nuclear mitochondrial-like sequences in ants: evidence from Atta cephalotes (Formicidae: Attini). Insect Mol Biol. 2007 Dec;16(6):777-84. DOI:10.1111/j.1365-2583.2007.00771.x |
- Mikheyev AS, Mueller UG, and Boomsma JJ. Population genetic signatures of diffuse co-evolution between leaf-cutting ants and their cultivar fungi. Mol Ecol. 2007 Jan;16(1):209-16. DOI:10.1111/j.1365-294X.2006.03134.x |
- Mikheyev AS, Mueller UG, and Abbot P. Cryptic sex and many-to-one coevolution in the fungus-growing ant symbiosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006 Jul 11;103(28):10702-6. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0601441103 |
- Mikheyev AS and Mueller UG. Invasive species: customs intercepts reveal what makes a good ant stowaway. Curr Biol. 2006 Feb 21;16(4):R129-31. DOI:10.1016/j.cub.2006.02.001 |
- Mikheyev AS. Male accessory gland size and the evolutionary transition from single to multiple mating in the fungus-gardening ants. J Insect Sci. 2004;4:37.
- Tschinkel WR, Mikheyev AS, and Storz SR. Allometry of workers of the fire ant, Solenopsis invicta. J Insect Sci. 2003;3:2.
- Seeley TD, Mikheyev AS, and Pagano GJ. Dancing bees tune both duration and rate of waggle-run production in relation to nectar-source profitability. J Comp Physiol A. 2000 Sep;186(9):813-9.