Given new parts to set up the tubing in the experiment (mostly junctions) - need to recreate the experiment using these new junctions.
- syringe connector: female lure thread style to 200 series bard, 1/16" (1.6 mm) ID tubing
- tube connectors: t-connectors 1/16" ID
- tube connectors for PVA/gulteraldehye mixing: y-connector 1/16" ID
- tubing for everything: tygon IN 1/16"
- Rates were 0.05mL/ min for the PVA/ gluteraldehyde and 0.1 mL/min for the ethyl acetate
- PVA is pumping too slow which is causing clogs to form in the tubing - increased this rate to 0.1 mL/ min
- PVA diluted by doubling the volume with 10% HCl
- Moved ethylacetate into 60 mL syringe and changed rate to 5 mL/min
- final flow rates:
- 0.09 mL/ min for PVA
- 3 mL/ min for ethyl acetate