<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
BE UG Board Meeting
March 31, 2008
Student Center Coffee House
Next Meeting: Monday, April 7th, Coffee House 10 pm.
Attendance: Emilienne, Marta, Bernice, Emzo, Dawn, Maryelise, Renuka
- Welcome and Attendance
- Associate Advising
- in the future A.A. info to faculty will come from Linda and Cathy, not us
- we need to send another email to sophomores about having them contact their AA
- dinner study break - get the word out ASAP so that associate advisors can attend
- DATE: Sunday, April 27th
- time: 1:00 pm
- place - get funding for royal east? or catering in a better room on campus..walker or 20 chimneys?
- ask what kind of budget we can have?
- RSVP for a restaurant and students are more likely to come
- food: restaurant or Sebastian's catering?
- seating - tables and chairs, table cloths, signs with advising names
- CPW Academic Fair - Friday April 11th 2-4pm Johnson
- one week from Friday!
- Marta poster for easel
- Saturday, 3:00pm to work on poster, Coffee House
- Marta will get poster board, order pictures from the study break
- Info Sheets from Cathy
- Pens, sharpies, etc
- Email for volunteers: Maryelise
- Wear BE tshirts
- confusion over who can change it
- dawn forward sasha's email
- our group isn't appearing on the website
- Are we able to reserve a better room for AA dinner event?
- Curriculum Committee update
- busybecurriculum AT mit DOT edu for the representatives
- add section to the wiki?
- office hours, schedule them
- BE TA Awards
- Drew Endy wants us to head the voting process
- send out email to undergrads asking them to nominate undergrad and grad TAs
- survey monkey? click name and write short response
- emphasize that its a short essay
- marta will run idea by drew
- don't include non-course 20 electives
- must be core course 20 course (like 6.00 as well) and a TA whose is declared course 20
- Bulletin Board
- Dawn, Emzo will meet this weekend
- have a sketch for monday
- Course 20 Open House
- after April 10th:
- Wednesday April 16th 4-5pm
- Thursday April 17th 7:30-8:30pm
- FOOD - cookies and ice cream sundaes
- Get more professors to come to small talk after speech
- Get a few grad students' COOL FIGURES to talk about and show off
- Set a deadline for picking up shirts: FRIDAY
- different survey monkeys for each type of shirt
- someone to program it
- Cafe Press Issues
- MIT name, BE department, MIT legal dept?
- Renuka is the new long term t-shirt chair
FOR NEXT TIME:
- ASA Issues
- Bulletin Board