<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
Place: Coffeehouse at *9:30*
- Welcome and Attendance
- Social Events
- Study breaks for sophomores and juniors went well
- Senior Dinner - Maryelise and Cathy are handling
- BE FPOP - skip, Sivakami not here
- Academic Events
- MD panel with Griffith/Isaacson - no updates, probably won't happen, but it SHOULD be on the agenda next year.
- Grad advising event
- Food - pizza and drinks
- Scheduling problems - April 28th is day before 20.330 exam, but May 4 and 5 are bad for seniors/grad students.
- Tentatively do April 28th, 7-9, in spite of exam?
- Need to order room
- Industrial Seminar Series - RSVP for this month's event sent out last week
- Associate Advising - last statement
- Kevin - email AA's to make sure they are doing things with advisees
- Curriculum Meeting - April 30, 11:30-12:30 - Kevin will go
- What would we put on a survey to the undergrads?
- Which restricted electives are you taking/planning to take?
- What are the criteria that you use for selecting BE electives? (Rank: ease of class, subject content, reviews, professor, etc.)
- If BE offered something similar to Biotracks in Course 7, would you take electives more seriously?
- What do you expect to get out of a restricted elective? (Choices: letter of recommendation, minor, an easy A, further exploration of a particular BE field, tangentially applicable knowledge to BE, etc.)
- BE "Stuff"
- T-shirt orders - Kevin has put in the order, will get in by May 5.