<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
Date/Time: 2/16/10 9pm
- Welcome and Attendance
- Next meeting is 2 wks from now, same day and time
- Social Events
- Study break on the 18th – push back another week (25th from 12:00-1:00), to have enough time to publicize
- Safest food is probably Bertucci’s pizza and/or bread
- Ragheb in charge of ordering pizza – order 10 pizzas for 25-ish people
- Kevin will email all classes tonight
- Tentative dates for other study breaks
- Sophomores – April 14, after 20.109 Mod2 Draft due, dinner and dessert?
- Juniors – April 1, at night, after 2nd 20.330 quiz
- Seniors – talk to Maryelise
- Sivakami – maybe raffle off mugs, to attract more people
- Academic Events
- MD thing with Griffith/Isaacson - Dr. Isaacson would be up for doing it again
- Joint event with BE-BMES - March 9th, starting at 7:15, will contact us for help
- Grad advising event
- Anne will email Bryan Owens to ask him to find interested grads and set a time
- BE Meeting with professors
- Next Friday
- Discuss undergrads’ interests – need to come up with list of topics
- Survey undergrads to find topics – email to brainstorm survey questions
- Offer 3 prizes of $10 each to encourage responses
- After surveys, meet with Prof. Manalis next week to update him on topics
- Associate Advising
- Budget – allow each advising group to have 2 events
- Dinner with AA’s, advisors, and advisees - $15 per person
- Maybe a second cheaper event – ice cream
- Tell groups that they will only be reimbursed if they’re reasonable
- Some have, some haven’t; Kevin will email them to tell them to reach out
- First Curriculum Meeting!
- BE Stuff
- There are leftover Tshirts and mugs from last year.
- Email to find out what design people want this year (same or new)
- Place order, after it comes in, publicize to mainsream classes
- Make t-shirts non-profit?
- Kevin will email Cathy to get sophomores access
- Looking ahead - what other things should we be looking at doing?
- Lab tours, speakers to explain difference between 7 and 20, etc.
- Find more interested people
- Sivakami will try to find professors interested in participating