<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
Attendance: Bernice, Maryelise, Paul, Kevin, Dawn, Jenn, Alex, Emzo, Emily
- Welcome and Attendance
- ASA recognition - Maryelise
- Matt Lang's letter of BEUB approval
- official write up of the differences between BEUB and BE-BMES
- deadline is Feb 13th
- drop down to "sponsored"
- email Prof. Griffith about a letter of sponsorship
- The new Society for Biological Engineering emails
- Course 20 Underground Guide
- set of questions for survey - make today
- how hard is this class compared to 20.110 or 20.320?
- are the pre-req's appropriate?
- was this class useful?
- other? (look in past minutes)
- use survey monkey for each class
- pay someone to collect and organize data
- put results on BEUG wiki for all to see and use
- get people's info by using websis degree audit to see which classes students take
- Associate Advising - Maryelise
- Email to AAs to see if they have planned anything yet (keep reminding them to do so)
- make sure all associate advisors are utilized (10s and 09s)
- Study Breaks -
- add study breaks for 20.330 and 20.310 test nights to flyer
- flyer to hand out at these events- update them with more information (names, captions, etc), then email out to BE lists
- send follow up emails to get details on what BE students want from Course 20 (what about med school, grad school, internships, etc)
- email Fraenkel, Manalis, Grodzinsky, Wittrup to talk at Grad School info session (with date and time)
- email Niles, Dedon about Med-school session (with date and time)
- ask Dan if he will talk at an internship info session (with date and time)
- Feb. 25th.
- get him to give us a summary of internship info to put on the BEUG wiki
- let BE students know that internships are posted in BE Lounge
- ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion study break
- linda's idea
- when, where, time, food?
- May 4th (more info to come later)
- Lunches with BE professors
- start asap
- begin with BEUB advisors? (easy access)
- vary days of week, times, etc - make schedule today
- Elections - Dawn
- sell remaining shirts at elections
- UG Lounge
- posters - when arrive?
- coffee pot - installed? how figure out who buys the coffee?
- keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room (go through catalog and pick one out, comfy seats to nap, etc.
- need to make specific list (for Fraenkel and Cathy) with whiteboard dimensions, specific couch size, etc to order
- suggestions box - have shoebox yet?
- Senior Dinner - Dawn
- BE T-Shirts - Bernice
- Cathy is emailing out about picking up t-shirts
- Decide after we have sold some more this week
- BE Gear -
- sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
- new design for next year
- send out email for a design? for interest? -- next year
- BE Seminars - how get BE students on that email list
- ask cathy about getting on the list
- Curriculum Committee
- get dates from Cathy
- who/how many can attend?
- email Bernice if you can come (Dawn, Emzo, Bernice)
- updates on which classes are covered
- publicize tutoring for all core BE classes!
- 20.111 tutor or not?
- Next meeting with Linda Griffith - Mon Feb 23rd 5pm 56-402 with busybeboard
- hopefully by then she has spoken with Matt Lang about BE-BMES vs BEUB
- Next BEUB meeting = 6pm Wednesday, Coffee House
- include transitions for new officers
- Start a pre-orientation program (Emily Jean)
- Maybe do it with course 10 (MJ will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
- send AA spreadsheet to Bernice
- email prof. griffith about the letter to the ASA
- ask cathy about laminating posters