Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 04/27/09 Agenda

From OpenWetWare
Jump to navigationJump to search

<html> <td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">

       <param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
       <param name="quality" value="high">
       <embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>


Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      

BE UG Board Meeting
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Associate Advising
  3. Study Breaks
    • Drop Date Study Break: 9:30 PM, Be Undergrad Lounge, CHEESECAKE FROM THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY, April 23rd
    • Thoughts?
  4. Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
    • April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)- confirmed by Bryan Owens
    • Ordering food
  5. ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
    • thoughts on how they went?
    • compiling the data, talk to Cathy?
  6. Budget Meeting
    • our budget is in good shape
    • Alex--write up proposal?
  7. UG Lounge
    • posters - cathy gave us new tape, only enough for one poster
    • Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
    • Cathy is ordering new whiteboards (15x5)
    • We have the money to buy a more comfortable chair, etc
    • BE Gear Ideas
      • sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
    • Mugs - Alex - updates?
        • Alex will run by next week
      • They are really cheap if you get nice "beer" mugs
      • coffee mugs are around 10 dollars each
      • will they front mugs?
      • Cathy has vendor catalogue
      • Message on lounge board "BE Tumbler or Mug? Tally"
    • Suggestions?
  8. Course 20 Rep for SWE event
    • Monday, May 4th, 6-8pm
    • volunteers?
  9. Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
    • Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
      • Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
      • Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
    • The BioTECH
      • Mike Yee/Maryelise wrote about BEUB
    • Lunches with BE Faculty
    • Lecture Series
    • Do we still want to me to go over our respective events?
  10. Senior going away lunch? (Cathy mentioned this at our meeting)
  11. Next BEUB meeting =