Undergraduate BE Board:Agendas - 04/13/09 Agenda

From OpenWetWare
Jump to navigationJump to search

<html> <td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">

       <param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
       <param name="quality" value="high">
       <embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>


Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      

BE UG Board Meeting
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Associate Advising - email another reminder to AAs
  3. Study Breaks
    • Ideas, Finals, when?
  4. Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
    • April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)- confirmed by Bryan Owens
    • Emzo will talk to seniors
  5. ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
    • Maryelise met w/ Linda to write up the questionnaire
    • Maryelise attended Friday's lunch
    • April 15 (12-1pm)--send one rep, Bernice?
  6. UG Lounge
    • posters - Cathy put them in lounge, email about different tape?
    • Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
    • Cathy is ordering new whiteboards (15x5)
    • suggestions box in lounge now - Thanks, Bernice!
    • BE Gear Ideas
      • sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
    • Mugs - Alex - updates?
      • They are really cheap if you get nice "beer" mugs
      • coffee mugs are around 10 dollars each
      • will they front mugs?
      • Cathy has vendor catalogue
      • Message on lounge board "BE Tumbler or Mug? Tally"
  7. Tutoring
    • still no response about 20.310 TA's
  8. Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
    • Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
      • Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
      • Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
  9. Next meeting with Linda Griffith/BE-BMES - when?
    • The BioTECH
      • Mike Yee/Maryelise wrote about BEUB
    • Lunches with BE Faculty
    • Lecture Series
    • Pre-meeting with proposal/google doc/make a proposal (Bernice)
  10. Kimberly Bernard
    • Bernice--will forward the email about when her info sessions are
  11. Choosing your Major Open House
    • Emzo, Emilienne - thoughts?
  12. Make a Sophomore Rep
    • Isaac
    • Paul
    • Kristin
  13. Next BEUB meeting = ?