<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
BE UG Board Meeting
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center
- Welcome and Attendance
- Associate Advising - how's it going?
- Study Breaks -
- Thursday after spring break (after 330 exam) -- Ice Cream; Vermonster Study Break
- 380 exam next Tuesday; 12-1; delivered to room; Maryelise will take care of it
- Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
- Tentatively April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)
- Maryelise emailed Bryan Owens
- Emzo will talk to seniors
- Dan Darling Internship Session
- ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
- Fill out questionnaire on (1) electives (2) post-MIT plans
- Questions we will ask?
- Discuss whatever you want to - curriculum, life after MIT, professional development...anything, complaints, praise, wild rambling ideas.
- Tues/Thurs, noon, week before spring break
- Potential Dates: week of April 6th, MWF 12-1:30, 1-2:30 (more causal, planned by BEUG)
- advertise both sessions even though one more formal vs. less formal
- lunch will be provided
- email Cathy about room 56-614; email Prof. Griffith about the two sessions
- Cathy is working with Prof. Griffith to tie down a date
- UG Lounge
- posters - Cathy put them in lounge
- who will put them up?
- Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
- In the process (cyberspace)
- keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room (go through catalog and pick one out, comfy seats to nap, etc.
- need to make specific list (for Fraenkel and Cathy) with whiteboard dimensions, specific couch size, etc to order
- suggestions box - Bernice
- BE T-Shirts - Bernice
- sent out email
- Cathy is emailing out about picking up t-shirts
- BE Gear Ideas
- sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
- Mugs - Alex - updates?
- Maryelise emailed Linda about 20.310 TA's
- Griffith emailed out about 20.310 TA, waiting for response
- has anyone heard of interest in tutoring from the seniors?
- Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
- Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
- Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
- Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
- Next meeting with Linda Griffith/BE-BMES - when?
- The BioTECH
- Lunches with BE Faculty
- Lecture Series
- Pre-meeting with proposal/google doc/make a proposal (Bernice)
- Kimberly Bernard
- Choosing your Major Open House
- March 31st
- BMES choose
- Make a Sophomore Rep
- Next BEUB meeting = ?