UTAustin MBS PDA:Events
Check out google calendar for events too! 
Periodically, we host a breakfast club to facilitate networking and learning in an informal setting. Guests join to share their experiences and knowledge on topics ranging from starting your own lab to patenting your research. Plus, there's coffee and usually breakfast! Join our email list to stay informed!
Our next Breakfast Club will be on 'Tuesday, October 29th at 9AM in NMS 1.106', and we'll be hosting Dr. Jimmy Gollihar from the Army Research Lab.
Monthly Social Events
Every month, we host a social event to unwind and get to know your colleagues. In the past, we've done happy hours at restaurants near campus and ice cream socials, to name a couple, but we're always looking for new ideas! Get in touch
Our next Monthly Social will be a happy hour on 'Friday, November 1st at 5:30PM', check back next week for the location!
Postdoc Seminar Series
CNS offers seminars and workshops throughout the academic year and summer months, focusing on 5 main areas:
- Career Exploration and Professional Development for Non-Academic Careers
- Panel Discussions with PhDs in a variety of careers
- Seminars focused on: Job Search Strategies; Resume and Cover Letter Guidance; Interview Preparation
- Networking and Recruitment Events
- Grant Application Workshops
- NSF-GRFP, NIH NRSA Awards, K99/R00 Awards
- Academic Careers Workshops
- Helping students and postdocs prepare for the academic job market
- Training Programs
- All of the below listed options are offered free of charge from CNS.
- CNS Concentration in Teaching and Mentoring is offered through TIDES (the Texas Institute for Discovery Education in Science).
- CNS Concentration in Communicating Science is offered in partnership with the Moody College of Communication and consists of a 1-semester coursework experience.
- CNS Concentration in Leadership and Project Management is offered in partnership with the McCombs School of Business, and consists of two 0-credit hour courses.
- Data Science Workshops - 5 workshops offered at the beginning of each semester.
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training
- Sessions may cover: Research Misconduct; Responsible Publication/Authorship; Peer Review; Conflict of Interest; and more
- Seminars are often held on Tuesdays (the 3rd Tuesday of each month) from noon-1:00pm in NHB 1.720, with video-link to graduate students and postdocs at the Marine Science Institute.
All CNS-sponsored Professional Development events advertised via our weekly newsletter using the CNS postdoc email listserv (email@example.com). If you wish to be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org.