UA Biophysics:Protocols: Multilamellar Vesicles
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Considering liposome composition and lipid ratios, mix the appropriate volumes into a glass tube.
- Slowly evaporate the bulk of the solvent with a stream of nitrogen gas into the fume hood until a thick viscous lipid drop remains.
- Lyophilize for several hours (6 hours min), this sample can store at -20°C.
- The dried lipid, prepared as described in "liposome stock", is hydrated using a hydration buffer.
- Preheat the buffer at a temperature approximately 5° above the phase transition temperature of the highest melting lipid component.
- Add the buffer to de lipid to achieve the desired lipid concentration.
- Vortex the sample during one min, let it stand for 5 min. Repeat 5 times to ensure maximal hydratation