UA Biophysics:Protocols:Direct Plating Plaque Assay
This protocol CAN'T be done at the installations of the biophysics laboratory as it compromises the safety of the biological samples present at it.
A method is described to dertermine the concentration of infectious T4 phage particles in a solution by the direct plaque assay.
1. Heat 3 ml of agar soft media reaching a liquid consistency.
2. Let it cool to approximately 50 °C.
3. Add 100 μl of an overnight culture of E. Coli.
4. Vortex the media.
5. Add 100 μl of diluted T4 phage and shake it with finger beats.
6. Put the mixture in a petri dish with TSA (Tryptone Soy Agar) and disperse it.