RNA Quality Control
Quality control of RNA
RNA Quality control This protocol will assist you in performing RNA quality control for a variet of purposes; Microarray, real-time and Northern analysis.
Checking RNA/cRNA samples on a nanodrop Spec
- Check concentration, A260/A280, A260/A230 on Nanodrop Spectrophotometer.
- Maintain the A260/A280 ratio close to 2.0 for pure RNA (ratios between 1.9 and 2.1 are acceptable).
- For Affymetrix labeling reactiosns; concentrations of cRNA are generally around 1000-1500ng/µl for a 40µl IVT reaction using 20µl of cDNA template.
Checking RNA/cRNA samples on an Agilent Bioanalyzer
Agilent BioAnalyzer Gel electrophoresis of the RNA is done to estimate the quality of the RNA. The bioanalyzer software produces a RIN (RNA integrity number) this gives a measure of sample quality that is not subjective. Howver it needs to be used with some caution and is not as useful as it sounds.
RNA Image galleries
cRNA Image galleries
Checking RNA/cRNA Samples on a denaturing formaldehyde gel
I still need to add a formaldhyde gel protocol, anyone else got one?
- mail to jamesdothadfieldatcancerdotorgdotuk
- This page was created by James Hadfield on 12 October 2006. I hope you found it useful.