Pea Database Collaboration Project/Orange-pod
mut. 'orange pods'
- Seedbank(s): IPK Gatersleben
- Accession numbers: PIS 7575; M 1599
- Biol. status: Mutant
- Current scientific name: Pisum sativum L. Mutante
- Donor Designation: Plant Expermient Station Wiatrowo: Wt 10263
- Vine Height: Short. Might be an Extra Dwarf.
- basic colour of seed testa: yellow
- branching: branching only in the upper part
- colour of cotyledons: yellow
- colour of ripe pod: suntan
colour of unripe pod: yellow (1) ; green (1) colour of wings: white end of flowering: 13.07.; 24.07. fasciation: absent growth habit: bushy, jolted height of the first pod [cm]: 10.00; 20.00 internode length: short (1) ; medium (1) leaflets: present length of the pedicel: shorter number of flowers per inflorescence: two parchment: present pod apex: blunt pod curvature: towards ventral part pod shape: straight seed colour: seed shape: round, globular start of flowering: 08.06.; 20.06. tendrils: present
Locus Orp GS orp Mutation orange pod Status VALID Inheritance REC Linkage Group II Class Pods sub Class Colour Description
Description Pod parchment and vascular bundles appear a strong orange. Viewed from outside the pod appears dull and discoloured. Orange also appearing in the phloem-xylem tissue of the stem. Interactions Pleiotrphy Complimentary Hypostatic
gene on chromosome 2.