Pea Database Collaboration Project/Colorado Red
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Alternative Name(s): Andrew's Red-Podded Pea, Andrew's Red-Pod, Joseph's Red-Podded, Red Snap
- Crop: Snap Pea (half-snap?)
- Latin name: Pisum sativum
- Origin: Crossed in Utah, USA by Joseph Lofthouse. Furthur Selected / Bred by Andrew Barney in Loveland, Colorado, USA.
- Pod Color: Red. (Purple over top, yellow base)
- Colour of Ripe Pod: pale purple, light red
- Seeds: barrel shape
- Flowers: wild type. standard bi-colored purple.
- Traits & Loci: recessive [gp] and Dominant [PU], [PUR], and [A].
- Linkage Group: Chromosome 5 and ...
- JIC Genotype: http://data.jic.ac.uk/pgene/Default.asp?ID=340
- Vine Height: 3-5 ft
- Notable Traits: Tendrils show yellow color early on
- Maturity: Early
- Genebank Accessions: NA
- Known Supplier(s): Being Trialed by FEDCO SEEDS in spring 2019. Andrew Barney.