I'd like to see an extension which treated genbank accession numbers in a way similar to PMIDs. --TK 9 April 2006
- One relatively inexpensive way of citing genes or any item from an online database is to use the "interwiki" feature. I just created an interwiki shortcut at Wikiomics. You can type [[gi:1293613]] and it becomes gi:1293613. Otherwise, if you really want to have automatic insertion of gene records on the wiki page, that is definitely possible, but it's more work too. So if you manage to motivate me, I could do it, or I if someone could send me a patch for Biblio.php, that would be even nicer. --Martin 14:42, 10 April 2006 (EDT)
Dirk 10:54, 24 August 2007 (EDT) Biblio not working properly?
It seems that the Biblio extension is not being able to fetch PMID data all the time. For many of my references it fails to fetch the ID in some occasions, and others it succedes. The citations are correct - the same citation might work one time, and not the next.
Does anyone know what's going on?
- Austin Che 11:06, 24 August 2007 (EDT): The NCBI server went down around yesterday or so. It should be working right now so try editing/purging the cache for any page you see the error. We are putting in a fix to the code to fetch the pmid info in a second way so that the error doesn't come back again. If there are any pages that still give an error, list the pages here so we can figure out what's going on.
- Dirk 11:10, 24 August 2007 (EDT): Heh, it's all working now - Magic! Thanks for the quick response.
17:18, 5 October 2007 (EDT) Biblio example using comments
John Smith. The art of saying nothing. Verbose Editions 1999.
- Webber C and Barton GJ. Estimation of P-values for global alignments of protein sequences. Bioinformatics. 2001 Dec;17(12):1158-67. DOI:10.1093/bioinformatics/17.12.1158 |
- Schwartz PH, Nethercott H, Kirov II, Ziaeian B, Young MJ, and Klassen H. Expression of neurodevelopmental markers by cultured porcine neural precursor cells. Stem Cells. 2005 Oct;23(9):1286-94. DOI:10.1634/stemcells.2004-0306 |