Mike Barnkob:Protocols/Tissue Culture/Thawing cells
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Rapidly thaw the cells in 37°C water bath.
- Add 1ml pre-warmed growth media into thawed cells dropwise. Swirl gently to mix.
- Add the cell suspension to 9ml pre-warmed growth media dropwise in a 15ml Falcon tube. Swirl gently to mix.
- Centrifuge at 700rpm for 5min.
- Aspirate the media. Resuspend the cell pellet in 10ml pre-warmed media and transfer cells to a 100mm tissue culture dish.
- Grow the cells in a 37°C, 5% CO2 humidified incubator.