The NanoDrop2000 enables you to measure the concentration and purity of samples including: peptides, DNA and RNA, purified proteins, toxicology assays and industrial dyes, etc.
- 0.5-2 μl pipettor with tip
- Open up the Nanodrop 2000 software on the desktop in room 2048
- When the window comes up, select the sample you are testing
- Click on "Blank" on the bottom left corner of the screen to adjust the spectrometer
- Raise the arm of the Nanodrop 2000 and using the pipettor, add a drop of the blank onto the measurement pedestal
- Lower the arm and start the measurement on the computer
- After the measurement, lift the arm and use a Kimwipe to wipe off the blank solution off the arm and the pedestal.
- Using the pipettor, pipette the sample onto the pedestal.
- Lower the arm and start the measurement on the computer.
- Look at the data to ensure that it is in a normal range and write down any data before clearing.
- After the measurement has been taken, raise the arm and use a KimWipe to wipe the sample off both the arm and the pedestal.
- Repeat 6-10 until all the sample has been measured if they are using the same blank. If not, repeat 3-10.
- Once finished, use diH2O and KimWipe to clean the arm and pedestal.
- Close the arm when finished.
Thermo Scientific. (2013). NANODROP 2000 UV-VIS SPECTROPHOTOMETER. May 2015. http://www.nanodrop.com/Productnd2000overview.aspx.
Thermo Scientific. (2013). NANODROP 2000/2000C SPECTROPHOTOMETER V1.0 USER MANUAL. May 2015. http://www.mlz-garching.de/files/nanodrop_2000_user_manual.pdf