McClean: NIS Elements Repair
On occasion "funny" things happen with the NIS Elements software/drivers. For example, every time you mark a stage position the stage goes all the way to the left hand bottom corner regardless of what position you marked. When this happens it is time to run the repair utility.
- Open the Windows Start menu
- Choose All Programs
- Choose NIS-Elements 3.2 64-bit
- Choose Modify Installation
- Click Repair and choose Next
- The file to repair is located here "C:\ELEMENTS INSTALL FILES\Updates April 2012\NIS_3.22_b728_64bit" 10/09/2015
- Click Next or Finish as necessary to run the utility
- When prompted to restart the computer, do so.
- If NIS-Elements reboots with the previous instance of an ND experiment, they my again cause the problem. Close the ND experiment and restart a new one.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input! Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- *Megan N McClean The "stage crashing all the way to the bottom left" error is particularly disturbing as when this happens the stage crashes into whatever objective happens to be in position. If you have any reason to believe that the scope is going to misbehave please remove the objectives before continuing. A particularly good time to worry about this and remove the objectives before messing with stage positions is if you've been messing with any drivers or installing drivers that might conflict with the NIS elements software.
- Megan N McClean 14:01, 20 July 2011 (EDT)
or instead, discuss this protocol.