Some notes on setting up the Bioptechs to work with the Bioptechs software for temperature control/temperature profile experiments. These notes were made by Megan on 9/14/2015 and could certainly be improved.
- Set-up the Biotechs, controller, and pump. Make sure that the following things are true:
- The green temp control jack from the USB Interface Box is plugged into the Bioptechs Temperature Controller
- The control jacks for the pumps should NOT be plugged into anything (you cannot simultaneously control the pumps and temperature--silly I know)
- The pump should be switched to "INT" so that you can set the speend internally (manually) using the black dials.
- The USB interface should be plugged into a USB port at the front of the computer as shown in the set-up pictures. If you open a command window (type "cmd" at the search promt) and type "mode" you should see that there is now a COM1 serial port. I believe that this is the port associated with the Bioptechs.
- Open Windows XP mode. At the top of the XP window click "USB" and attach the "Unidentified Device"
- Turn on the Bioptechs Temperature Controller (hit power button)
- Open the Bioptechs software in the XP mode window.
It should work now. There is a 2 degree difference between the "sensor" and the "sample", that is for the Delta T dish, and not relevant for our apparatus.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- --Megan N McClean 14:27, 14 September 2015 (EDT)
or instead, discuss this protocol.