McClean:Membrane Stripping Mild
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
This is a protocol for stripping the probed western membrane to re-probe. This was successfully used by MNM to sequentially probe for Hog1-PP, beta-actin, and total Hog1 for Dexter, et al 2014.
- 15g glycine
- 1g SDS
- 10ml Tween20
- PBS (Phosphate-buffered saline)
- TBST (Tris-buffered saline and Tween20)
- Combine glycine, SDS, 10ml Tween20 and 800ml ultrapure water
- pH the solution to 2.2 with concentrated HCl
- Add ultrapure water to bring solution up to 1L
- Submerge the membrane in stripping buffer. Incubate at room temperature with rotation for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stripping buffer and repeat step 1.
- Remove the stripping buffer and incubate with PBS at room temperature with rotation for 10 minutes.
- Remove the PBS and repeat step 3.
- Remove the PBS and incubate with TBST with rotation for 5 minutes.
- Remove the TBST and wash with TBST with rotation for 5 minutes.
- Continue on to (re-) blocking the membrane.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Megan N McClean 14:01, 18 November 2014 (EDT)
or instead, discuss this protocol.