10X Tris TAPS EDTA (TTE) solution contains:
- 500 mM Tris-base (Bio-Rad, P/N 1610719)
- 500 mM TAPS acid (Sigma, P/N T5130)
- 10 mM Na2EDTA (Sigma, P/N ED2SS)
To prepare 1 liter of 10X TTE:
1. Combine the following reagents in a 1-L beaker:
Tris - 60.55 g
TAPS acid - 121.65 g
Na2EDTA - 3.72 g
Deionized water - q.s. to l L
2. Mix well.
3. Check the pH of the 10X TTE.
The pH should be 8.3+/-0.3. If the pH is not in this range, then discard the buffer.
Store 10X TTE stock solution at 4 degree centigrate.
!WARNING! CHEMICAL HAZARD. Tris TAPS EDTA (TTE). May cause eye, skin, and respiratory tract irritation. May be harmful if swallowed. Consult the manufacturer's MSDSs for additional information. Wear splash-resistant safety goggles and appropriate chemical-resistant clothing and gloves.
- Eric Chu 22:00, 22 July 2009 (PDT):
or instead, discuss this protocol.