MS plates for plant growth (buffered, no sucrose)
This protocol will make 1 liters. Adjust to your needs if necessary.
- Final concentration of this medium is 1/2 MSMO, 5mM MES (pH5.8), 0.8% (or 0.7%) agar.
- Put 700 ml Milli-Q H2O in a beaker
- Weight 2.2 g of MSMO (in the 4°C freezer) and add it to the water (agitating)
- Add 1.0g of MES (2-(N-morpholino)ethanesulfonic acid)
- Adjust pH to 5.8 (adding KOH)
- Fill with Milli-Q water to exactly 1 liters
- Put 8 g (for vertical plate) or 7 g (for horizontal plate) of Agar in 1 clean glass bottle
- Autoclave for 30 min
Let cool, add antibiotic to your convenience and pour into plates
Big round plates take about 50 ml of media
Square plates take 25 ml of media (for horizontal plate) or 40 ml of media (for vertical plate).
created by Kazu (Oct 25, 2012)