Cleaning Ball Bearings
- Place used ball bearing in a 1L plastic beaker. Use screen over beaker top to retain bearings while rinsing.
- Wash with several changes of detergent and water, with vigorous swirling until they appear clean.
- Rinse 3X (or more) with water, until no longer soapy and water does not foam
- Incubate in 5% bleach for 30 minutes
- Rinse 3X (or more) with water, until bleach smell is gone
- Rinse 1X with 95% EtOH, to dry
- Autoclave, 20 minutes, dry cycle
- If any moisture remains, place on paper towel to dry