18 November 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
† Alex's research report today.
† Flu R01
- First samples taken starting next week, 11/19.
- Sample training 9:30am Wed.
- Plaque Assay - first samples today. Ref stock 2x10^4 pfu/ml
- Mark trained for real to make SU molds. Trained to make the monoliths.
- Hussam: Flu fixture will be ready 11-19-08 (tomorrow)- 6 channel fixture (2).
† SEPSIS Project - CIMIT Bird Flu
- Cathie STILL working on paper.
- Jeff Braman will visit December 12th
- Do cDNA prep. Spec, gels, send to Jeff B. Shipping?
- Mark- Control circuit?
- Bacteria Experiment - Changing channel size.
- Substrates -SEM down.
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Valves backorderd until 24th.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Mask made. Chrome mask.
- E. Coli experiments with fluorescence?
- Aim for fluor data for 6th.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Preliminary plan for IRB submission at Harvard in place. Target date 1/1/09
- STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)
- Cathie's flu assay has nonspecific products, too.
- Improve the gel concentration 1.2% agarose. See if you can separate out primer dimers. UPDATE?
- Look into Melting temp analysis on the 7300 - Done. what is contaminated?
- Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - helped a bit.
* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture.
- Design new lambda phage assay with longer product.
- What do we need to finish the paper?
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
† Senior project
- Megan has mask designs. CHECK WITH HER.
- Depth of channels, check with JD and Sonali, because Sonali will be able to tell you how much assay volume. 100 microns.
- Mark will help/learn SU8 step.
- Teddy doing off chip controls work.
† F31: Cochlea
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- UPDATE 11-18-08
- De-inhibit Methyl Methacrylate (100ml), put in fridge, make new columns. (today)
- Ongoing. More concentrations. saved samples in -20 until pellet paint figured out
- Repeating experiments this week with activated MMA and collecting more samples
- Plates used for Pico Green are not sterile ?? NOT LIKELY.
- Pico Green assay figured out and standards working.
- Pellet paint: Even (-) ctrl form a pellet , after 100% ethanol wash pellet is detached.
- try std. etoh protocol.