9 December 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
† Stephanie's research report today.
- check with b&G about compressed air and vacuum?
- Put travel dates on lab calendar ASAP.
- Meeting on 12/16.
- No meeting on 12/23
- Meeting Time for Spring Semester (starting week of 1/16). Put your NOT OPEN times here.
Cathie T/TH 12-2pm.
Jane T 3-5
Nathan F 10-12
Frank has OPEN M 12-4PM, T/TH before 10AM, W-F after 3PM, F 11AM-1PM
Hussam Mon, (10-2 pm), (Wed 10-5), (Fri 10-12) ,(Tue Thur 10-12 pm)
Sonali MWF 11am -1pm.
† Flu R01
- First samples ?
- Plaque Assay
- Alex needs to be trained to make SU molds. Trained to make the monoliths (by Hussam By 1/15/09).
- Hussam: Flu fixture done.
† SEPSIS Project
- Sonali working on first draft of new version paper by 12/25. Journal?
- Jeff Braman will visit December 12th. 9:30am Visit to Cathie's lab and lab tour. Meetings starting at 10am in Fraunhofer. Sonali and Cathie to attend.
- Do cDNA prep. Spec, gels, send to Jeff B. Shipping?
- Mark- Control circuit - This will be done by January.
- Evap quantification experiments ongoing. Still working on live/dead assay. (JD, JZ)
- Substrates (JZ)
- DOE for the experiment.
- Colloid experiment. inconclusive. Look at SEMs
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Turn over platform to Teddy
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- E. Coli experiments with fluorescence.
- Strobe experiments? Jason cannot do them, perhaps MCK can. MCK will talk to Jason this week.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- First pages of first IRB started last week. Target date 1/1/09
- STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)
- Improve the gel concentration 1.2% agarose. See if you can separate out primer dimers. UPDATE?
- Look into Melting temp analysis on the 7300 - Done. what is contaminated?
- Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - helped a bit. ON HOLD
* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture. ON HOLD
- Try microscope for looking a fluor.
- 52, 60, 65 C repeats.
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
† Senior project
† F31: Cochlea
- Paper submitted.
- set up adviser meeting Jan
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- inhibition infor to Paul.
- Replot the data so I can read it. ASAP
- Do three elutions.
- Next E. coli.