8 September 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Fall Group Meetings will be on Tuesdays from 12-2pm in room 705
- Register for CIMIT conference if you want. Irene can reimburse.
- Register for MRS Boston if you want to.
† Flu R01
- Meeting still not set
- Plaque assay. Have everything, will run this week.
† SEPSIS Project/Chip Bonding Issues
- YES Check if Anlee can do backscatter electrons on new SEM
- What is the STD temperature and pressure for bonding??? We need to nail this down.
- What material are the plaques made out of? We should try to get resin that is the same material as the plaques that we bought (JP)
- We can think about building our own straw system like Fraunhofer's.
- Stephanie met with Sonali, Cathie and Anirban to discuss experimental plan.
- Sonali will teach Stephanie Jurkat Culture.
- Mark finish control circuit (Temp, humidity, pressure) design and ordered parts
- Evaporation fixture will be picked up during this week, and assembled after comeback
- IBC for our lab revision submitted 9/4
- Tests on chips with covers underway
- Jane is investigating the multilayer design
† Valve Array
- Waiting for fixture still from Melissa
- Need complete assembly picture before 14th, forward it to Jaephil for whitepaper
- Basic software in place
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Still Still troubleshooting
† Biointerfaces group
- Brett, Mincheol, Jaephil and Hussam had meeting and decided to try DRIE (by Brett) with SU-8 (by Mincheol) together
- i-line(365nm)has diffraction limiting resolution about 2um at best
- Mincheol will try the device as we have it
- Hussam, Brett and MinCheol are going to make a protocol for this process
- AZP 4620 from Clariant. Hussam will try this photoresist (positive)
† CIMIT Flu
- Met with Sepsis Nurse Tuesday. Preliminary plan for IRB submission at Harvard in place. Target date 1/1/09
- QQ Model has 30 cycles. MinCheol will try the model. Need to upgrade the Star-CD program. Dan Kamalic has to do this.
- Dan fixed Star-CD.
- What are the specs on Wong's pump? More clamps for the syringe. 2 clamps, the secured syringe does not move. It can be set to 4 decimal places for the speed. Harvard Apparatus PHD2000 programmable.
- QQ get quote for PHD2000.<b>
- QQ needs to <b>design a TaqMan Assay <b>for the lambda phage PCR
- PEG results are good but we need to get rid of the primer-dimers before publication
- STILL Working on a test chip to examine mat'ls compatibility
- 50 microliter test chip made/ may be and issue getting the stuff out. Especially after the wash.
- Heiko, Sonali, and Jaephil write their own part in a whitepaper and forward it to Cathie by 14th.
† Senior project
- New students will be recruited.
- Megan works on micro membrane valve and pump development as sr project.
† F31: Cochlea
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):