Klapperich Lab:Notebook/Lab Meeting Notes/2008/08/25
25 August 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Discussion of Time for Fall Semester Group Meetings
Type when you are NOT available for group meetings HERE:
Cathie: MW afternoon, F all day
Sonali, Jaephil, MinCheol, open all week
Qingqing T/TH 10-12, 2-4pm, M 12-3, one lab still deciding
Frank M 8-10 & 12-1, T/R 11-6:30, W/F 9-3
Jane TF 3-5 (designated SEM time)
Hussam MW 10-12pm , T TH 4-6pm F:10-1pm
Mark MW 10-12 & 2-4; T Th 4-6; F 10-1
† Other Announcements
- Cathie Bring IBM laptop and drive from home
- No meeting 9/1.
- Register for CIMIT conference if you want. Irene can reimburse.
- Register for IMECE in Boston
- Register for MRS Boston if you want to.
† Flu R01
- Meeting set F afternoon (8/29)
- Planning plaque assay - protocol decided
† SEPSIS Project/Chip Bonding Issues
- Check if Anlee can do backscatter electrons on new SEM
- EF experiments results later today
- Chips did not bond - that were made last weekend.
- Controlled cooling with air plasma bond okay with Zeonor plaque.
- Topas COC resin may be better to try. Try and buy some. (this is what the plaques are made of) The COC might shrink less. (co-polymer).
- Jaephil will help Sonali get some new material for the sepsis chips.
- Wash is acetone then methanol sonication + DI water sonication. SEE UPDATED PROTOCOL!
- Jaephil and Mark making humidity and flowrate control box (temp too) for the concentration system.
- IEEE abstract submitted on 8/24.
- IBC for our lab STILL pending - Alexis will give us the requested revisions
- Cathie will submit this week (8/29)
- Tests on chips with covers underway
- Jane is investigating the multilayer design
† Valve Array
- Cathie contact Sumita Pennarthur at UCSB about her valves
- Waiting for fixture from Melissa
- Mark's Part is complete at this point
- Basic software in place
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Still troubleshooting
† Biointerfaces group
- Brett and Mincheol tried the SU8 process.
- Hussam made 6.5 microns SU8 - Using the Hard contact method
- Hussam made the PDMS part. Correct part, but overexposed. The thickness is too thin
- Mincheol will try the device as we have it
- Hussam will make 20 micron high with 1 micron space this week/or Brett
- SU8 thickness is important step in this process. So, ALIQUOT SU8 when it arrives.
- Solvent evaporation from the SU8 can be a real problem.
- Use the same spinner every time for this project.
- Wafer cleaning should be the same every time, too
- Hussam, Brett and MinCheol are going to make a protocol for this process
- AZP 4620 from Clariant. Hussam will try this photoresist (positive)
- Meet with Sepsis Nurse Tuesday.
- QQ submitted abstract.
- Jane submited.
- QQ Model has 30 cycles. MinCheol will try the model. Need to upgrade the Star-CD program. Dan Kamalic has to do this.
- Emailed Dan today.
- QQ passed qual!! yeah!!!
- Old heaters worked 20+ times, but then are not homogenous across chip.
- Waiting for new heaters to try again. Other brand was not good. Will use copper in the meantime for temp control.
- PUMP problem. Speed control at low flow rates is not stable.
- What are the specs on Wong's pump?
- What are the specs on our pumps?
- Can KDS calibrate or fix it?
- We need at least one more pump that does multiple channels. Mincheol will check the specs?
- What requirements does everyone have for their "IDEAL" pump.
- STILL Working on a test chip to examine mat'ls compatibility
- 50 microliter test chip made/ may be and issue getting the stuff out. Especially after the wash.
- RCA meeting with Heiko, Jaephil, Sonali this week.
- Whitepaper composition.
† Senior project
- Megan still gone.
- New students will be recruited.
† F31: Cochlea
- Nathan in Oregon
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):