From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- K+ ATPase, import pump
- PCRed from genome
- Flame Photometry
- Data and graphs
- Glutamate gated K+ channel
- From Synechosystis
- Constitutive Promoter
- Voltage Output
Peptide Signaling (Daniel)
- AGR System
- Sender & Reciever
- Compared to Lux
- More robust, specific
- Controlled secretion, not membrane diffusion
- Multichannel signaling (no crosstalk)
- Requires expression of membrane channels
- About Bacillus
- Pretty Pictures
- Best-characterized Gram Positive
- Very safe
- Genome Sequenced
- Protein Secretion
- Not compatible with Gram-neg promoters/RBS
- Chromosomal Integration
- Single Copy
- Cool diagram: single vs. double x-over
- Detection: amylase assay & PCR
- New Vectors
- Bacillus RBS & Promoters
- Two Constituitive, Two Inducible
- Culled from existing vectors
- Picture of Bacillus expressing GFP with pUpp
- New GFP
- The agr-peptide signalling system.
- Results: Step-like behaviour, system highly sensitive to basal rates of expression.
- Pattern formation.
- Some simple models.
- Patterns with agr-quorum sensing systems: competing populations.
- Further questions: Concise models, spatial pattern generation with a single signalling molecule.