Assignment Due Mar 20
- It may be too difficult for everyone to parse the entire set of examples by Tuesday.
- Instead, we will split into groups for a divide & conquer strategy.
- Each group only needs to produce one script. All group members should post their group's solution to individual notebook pages.
- Please provide rich and detailed documentation. Try to match the source code style of the BioPython package (including docstrings).
- Your script(s) should be able to properly parse the following:
- Input file 1 (March 13 exercise)
- A subset of input file 2: all mystery sequences contributed by the members of that group.
- Input file 3 (March 15 teaching staff contribution)
- Kay Aull ↔ Tiffany Chan
- Resmi Charalel ↔ Cynthia Chi
- Katie Fifer ↔ Hetmann Hsieh
- Deniz Kural ↔ Christopher Nabel
- Zachary Sun ↔ Michael Wang ↔ Xiaodi Wu
- File 1: smd.fasta
- This file contains the sequence from the March 13 assigned for "manual" completion.
- File 2: class.fasta
- This file contains all student sequences.
- File 3: ms.fasta
- This file contains two sequences.
- The first is an exonic sequence of a gene. Which gene is it? Is it mutated? Is the allele implicated in disease? Which diseases?
- The second is a sequence of a gene. Which gene is it? Is it mutated? Is the allele implicated in disease? Which diseases?