Plans and accomplishments
(Note that as things left undone are assigned new dates, they disappear from this list)
<div style="padding:0;margin:0;text-align:left"><iframe src="http://spreadsheets.google.com/tq?tqx=out:html&tq=select%20B,C,D,E%20where%20B%20contains%20'2010-08-03'&key=t_LXM5f_pFxk9p0dFwXp0cA#gid=0" style="width:100%;border:none;"></iframe><hr style="border:1px solid #E0E0E0;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;padding:0;width:450px;"/></div>
Raw spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjO_Nq8pNHiOdF9MWE01Zl9wRnhrOXAwZEZ3WHAwY0E&hl=en
Presentation to NESCent informatics group on research projects
- Talked through these slides
- Will circulate slides to interns to see if they have any corrections before adding them to the plone site?
Call with Todd
- intern wrap-up
- next steps
- archiving OWW
- next year?
- research plan development
- IDCC submission
- Should I definitely attend? Or only nice-to-have? DataONE meeting?
- submit to IDCC vs journal?
- MIAME analysis
- status... aiming for Anderson-Gills survival analysis stats
- where analysis could go
- where analysis should go for now
- Todd and I decided to forgo the IDCC paper submission so that I can take the time to do the metadata-reuse paper well. Will submit it to the journal Database, or similar?
- plan instead to submit a poster on IDCC combining intern work. Due Sept 1st.
- successful intern summer. next year plan on one mentor per intern.
- primary focus for me for the next little while: help interns get good quality publications done, write a research plan
- upcoming travel: DataONE allhands in Nov, IDCC, but probably not SPARC.
Recurrent events regression
- Discovered Andersen-Gill extension to survival analysis. Looks like just the thing to model citations? Implemented in R via coxph.
- Read up a bit, references added to Mendeley and on DataONE:Stats/RecurrentEventRegression
- only gotcha is this method requires detailed citation timing, not just aggregate counts. More time consuming to collect from Scopus