Best of 2006-2007
Best of 2007-2008
What does it mean for a biological system to be in equilibrium or at a steady state?
- read the paper.
- think about the question.
- write down some initial thoughts about the question here.
- meeting: Friday Dec 1
- presenting: Mary
If you're only going to read one paper, read the first one. The second one is related. It uses the same population control circuit, but grows the cells in a microchemostat.
- You L, Cox RS 3rd, Weiss R, and Arnold FH. Programmed population control by cell-cell communication and regulated killing. Nature. 2004 Apr 22;428(6985):868-71. DOI:10.1038/nature02491 |
- Balagaddé FK, You L, Hansen CL, Arnold FH, and Quake SR. Long-term monitoring of bacteria undergoing programmed population control in a microchemostat. Science. 2005 Jul 1;309(5731):137-40. DOI:10.1126/science.1109173 |
- Post thoughts or comments here