Best of 2006-2007
Best of 2007-2008
- Thursday, 4/26 at 9am in the Steele library.
- Synchronization of coupled oscillators
- Garcia-Ojalvo J, Elowitz MB, and Strogatz SH. Modeling a synthetic multicellular clock: repressilators coupled by quorum sensing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Jul 27;101(30):10955-60. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0307095101 |
- the first paper is history of a theoretical model of coupled oscillators called the Kuramoto model, which demonstrates threshold phase-locking of individual oscillators to the average population phase.
- the first 6 or so sections are a good introduction so I would recommend reading them. Later sections give further analysis but it gets more complicated and i don't think it's as important for our interests. we probably won't focus much on this for the meeting.
- the second paper analyzes a theoretical circuit for synchronizing populations of repressilators, demonstrating a phase transition similar to that seen in the Kuramoto model