Getting your data into RAVE
You can create data in RAVE format by preprocessing your existing raw data. To preprocess data
- The general folder structure is RAVE_raw_dir/subject_code/block_number/*.mat.
- For instance, /Volumes/data/rave_data/raw/NAA/001/, /Volumes/data/rave_data/raw/NAA/002/ and /Volumes/data/rave_data/raw/NAA/003/ contain the data for blocks 001 through 003 for subject NAA. The RAVE raw dir is located at /Volumes/data/rave_data/raw
- RAVE requires one .mat file per electrode. Inside this .mat file is a variable with the EEG voltage data. The name of the variable should be analogTraces
- The naming of each channel follows a strict pattern. For example: NAADatafile003_ch1.mat means subject NAA, block 003 (the leading 0 are important) and channel 1.
- When you run RAVE pre-process application (rave_preprocess()), the program requires you first input the subject code and project name.
- Press Create Subject after inputting the Subject Code and Project Name and the application will create a subject directory in your RAE_data_dir/ProjectName folder and then scan your RAVE_raw_dir to look for available blocks.
- The user then selects the blocks that go with the particular experiment (using a multi-selector).
- After selecting the blocks, input the electrodes (a range may be specified) and the sampling rate (in Hz, must be the same for all channels across all blocks)
- Press the "Import Subject" button to import the raw data into that subject's directory in your RAVE_data_dir/ProjectName.
- To summarize: raw data is placed into raw_dir by the user, then RAVE pre-processes the data and places it into data_dir.
Return to list of tutorials.