Grady (Lincoln) Bain
LAB 1 WRITE-UP
Independent and Dependent Variables
- The amount dosage of LPS (lipopolysaccharide ), it directly influences the amount of Inflammotin found in the blood stream.
- The amount of Inflammotin induced by LPS (lipopolysaccharide) when taken from a blood sample
We choose the Experimental Design depending on age. For example we can have a group of people between the age of 65-85.
- First group contains people between the age of 65-75 off LPS (control)
- Second group contains people between the age of 76-85 off LPS (control)
- Third group contains people between the age of 65-75 on LPS 10mg (1 pill)
- Fourth group contains people between the age of 76-85 on LPS 10mg (1 pill)
- Fifth group contains people between the age of 65-75 on LPS 20mg (2 pills)
- Sixth group contains people between the age of 76-85 on LPS 20mg (2 pills)
Number of subjects per group
- All completely randomized
Subject selection will be completely Randomized within each age range and the sub gropes within. Therefore disregarding ethnicity, sex, and work (i.e. retired or not). The decision to completely randomize the choice in subject was made to prevent an increase in variables.
Sources of Error and Bias
Some potential pit falls that might compromise the experiment might be as follows :
- Culture of the patients might be conducive to error in the way that they are susceptible to the social and political pressure that they may succumb to in daily life.
- Patients working habits; not all of the patients haven't completely retired from the workforce or have other sources of environmental variable .
- Medications taken during the trail testing will effect the potency of the drug that it has on the patient.
- Failure of the ELISA testing method